Som Hotels debuts in the interior hotel segment. The chain founded by Joan Enric Capellà and Vicenç Miralles has incorporated the Som Central, a small establishment located in the Plaza de María de la Salut, in Mallorca.
Housed in a historic building dating back to the seventeenth century, the now hotel was a grocery store between 1916 and 1924 and then a retail store between 1925 and 1935. It was finally converted into a bar under the name of Central and in 1953 changed its name to Bar Can Xirme. In 1995 the business closed and for this reason they have been able to preserve many traditional and original elements.
After the integral reform, the Central Som will open this month of November counting on nine rooms and a restaurant, the Melassa, on its ground floor. With this hotel there are already seven establishments that make up the Som Hotels portfolio.